Monday, September 10, 2007

More foster license progress

Today I sent in our water samples. Everyone I have talked to has said their first test results were not good enough. Most people have to treat their well and then resubmit. I am hopeful ours will pass on the first try but that may be unrealistic. We will see what happens.

I also went to my doctor appointment for my physical for the foster care license. It was a good appointment. Last fall this doctor referred me for weight loss surgery. I seriously considered having the surgery but my insurance would not cover any part of it so it would have been $$$$$ out of pocket. Instead my husband and I got serious about a low carb lifestyle and have each lost 70 pounds since the first of the year. I hadn't been back to this doctor since last fall. He was very impressed with my non-surgical weight loss and said lots of encouraging things. That was so nice to hear.

That's two more things I can check off my foster care license to-do list!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying the water samples clear the first time and WOOHOO on the encouraging doctor comments!!