Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today

We had a nice day today. My son's friend was over this afternoon. They entertained themselves by looking for arrowheads and playing basketball.

We start our homeschool year next week, so we are enjoying the last few days of our summer vacation. Actually my 5yod begged to start her math workbook today so I let her. She did page after page and is now 1/3 finished with her 1st grade math. She loves to do schoolwork. It is a challenge to keep enough things on hand to keep her busy. That is a nice problem to have. :>)

Speaking of my 5yo, I have to tell you what she said at the store yesterday. We were at the checkout when she noticed I was purchasing strawberry scented shampoo. "Oh Mother!" she exclaimed "You're buying strawberry shampoo! It's fragrant aroma is so delightful!" I love to hear little kids use big words. :-)

I'm reading aloud Socks by Beverly Cleary to my two girls. It is a cute book. I think my son is listening to it also but when you're a 10yo boy it's not cool to admit you're interested in a book about a kitten.

No comments: