Monday, August 27, 2007

Paperwork and Red Tape

My husband and I are in the process of getting licensed to do foster care. Much of my time over the last few weeks has been spent filling out forms and jumping through hoops for that. So far we've completed our first aid/cpr training and 2 out of 3 of the required parenting classes along with filling out a mountain of forms.

Today I ordered the water test kits that we need. All foster families with well water are required to do water testing. I was told that in the past foster parents didn't have to do the testing if they promised to buy bottled water for the foster children. That is no longer an allowed loophole. So we will send our water off to the state lab. I hope the results are good. I know several people in the area who had to do well treatments after the initial test and then submit a retest. Hopefully we can avoid that extra hassle.

I also need to set up medical appointments for me and my husband, order a copy of his birth certificate, and get updated rabies shots for our cats. We want to be ready to do our homestudy visits by the end of September so I need to try to tie up all these loose ends.

We are looking forward to being able to help children in the system and their birth families.

No comments: