Monday, August 27, 2007

70 pounds gone!


In January of this year, my husband and I decide to make some drastic changes to our family's eating habits. We switched to a low-carb lifestyle. Over the past 7 months, my husband and I have lost 70 pounds each. Our 10yo son has lost around 40 pounds. We all feel so much happier and healthier!

This way of eating is pretty easy. We eat lots of fresh vegetables, meat, some fruit, and some dairy. We mostly avoid sugars, breads, pastas, potatoes, and rice. These sugary and starchy foods are intended to provide fuel for the body. An overweight person does not need additional fuel since the body is already carrying fuel in the form of stored fat. By eliminating sugars and starches from the diet, the body is forced to burn the stored fat as fuel. It is amazing how well this concept works!

2 comments:

April E. said...

You look wonderful, my friend! And I'm thrilled to see you blogging. :-)

April

Brenda said...

Brenda from the Haven here. ;)

Welcome to the blogisphere! :)

And GREAT JOB on your weight loss! Woo hoo!