Thursday, May 29, 2008

Farmer's Market

Our farmer's market season is underway. We are vending at two markets this year. A busy Saturday market and a smaller, newer, weekday evening market. I'm mostly pleased with how it's going so far. The soaps are not selling quite as fast as I had hoped but I am getting good feedback from the people who are buying. I didn't really know what to expect sales-wise and I think we are doing okay. My son is selling excess produce from the garden and excess periennial starts. He is selling out at most markets (but he hasn't had a huge quantity to start with yet). More produce will be ready soon. The markets should pick up in the next few weeks. It's almost strawberry season here and that will draw huge crowds to the market. Hopefully many of those new customers will be interested in soap. :>)

1 comment:

Kerri in WV said...

What perennials is/was he selling? I have CPD--compulsive perennial disorder LOL