Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blogging again

Hello Blog Friends!

My poor blog has sat neglected for months. I originally started this blog to record our foster care journey because reading the foster care blogs of others has been very helpful to me. There has been little related to foster care to journal though, so the posts have been few and far between. We have switched to a new agency now and hopefully will be getting placements on a more regular basis.

I also struggled because I wanted to keep this blog very anonymous, to protect the identity of any foster children placed with us. However, I didn’t like how impersonal that made the blog feel so I didn’t enjoy posting. I’ve decided to relax a bit on the privacy issue with my own family. Hopefully I can find the right balance between privacy & security VS. sharing enough details to make the blog personal and interesting. If/when we have foster children in our home I will reevaluate and will break off the more personal posts into a private blog if needed.

A friend has challenged me to blog daily through the month of May. I will try my best to keep up with that so keep checking for new posts! 

No comments: